– Ensure that solvents (including alcohol-based sunscreen sprays and most particularly mosquito repellents containing DEET) DO NOT come into contact with any coated or laminated fabrics. They can cause coatings and seam tape to delaminate.
– Wash your gear regularly – fine-grain silica sand embedded in lightweight fabrics works like sandpaper between the fibers of the fabric and will shorten the product’s life
– Avoid or reduce exposure to UltraViolet light – this weakens nylons and polyesters and will shorten the product’s life
– Use silicone sprays such as McNett Silicone Spray to keep zippers moving freely
– Ensure that your gear is dry before it is packed away to prevent mold or mildew. Store it in a dry place where it will not be subject to excessive heat.